Skip to main content

HELLO Module 2....


So after a delayed starts to the module due to work commitments. I finally got stuck in and read the hand books. I'm excited to start researching for this module as well as developing as a practitioner.

As this is the beginning of my journey into my inquiry I'm not expecting to find answers straight away, but hoping to gain more knowledge and experiences during my journey. Here are my questions and thoughts so far on what I find interesting...




feel free to comment whether you have the same interests and questions and what your thoughts are on these inquiries.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Integrating  arts at an early stage. Even though my inquiry is looking at dance in primary school ages and how dance is incorporated in to the classroom and teaches experiences with this. The Washington Post wrote an article about a kindergarten teacher "using theater and dance to teach math and it's working..." very interesting. Melissa Richardson a drama teacher was sent from the wolf trap institute to collaborate with kindergarten teacher, Carol Hunt to encourage students in her class using arts integration. The article talks and gives an  about how they incorporated arts into the classroom and the statistics of doing so compare to other students not having the experience from the wolf trap program.  For more information go to :  https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/education/teachers-are-using-theater-and-dance-to-teach-math--and-its-working/2016/02/22/61f8dc0c-d68b-11e5-b195-2e29a4e13425_story.html?utm_term=.c9a5c246457a I wanted to find out mor...
New Literature.... After days and days of more researching I came across a professor Marilyn Berrett and ex-student of BYU, Erika Cravath.  Erika Cravath researched about integrating dance into the classroom for her honors thesis project with Marilyn Berrett being one of her mentors on this journey. Erika has also published a book in 2011 the title being "Creative Dance Integration Lesson Plans by Erika Cravath" It's a guide for teachers to help integrate dance into their lessons also giving example lesson plans at the end of the book.  To find this book here is the link:  https://education.byu.edu/sites/default/files/ARTS/documents/educational_movement.pdf   Also here is a video of Marilyn Berrett and Erika Cravath conducting a workshop to teachers on how they can incorporate dance into the classroom environment.   Link:  https://vimeo.com/20476307
Creating My Questionnaire survey... After blogging about creating a survey I thought to give it a trial run and see if this is a tool I would consider developing for my Inquiry in module 3. here is the link: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/WFHSWDJ  Please comment below on what you found good about it and what I should improve on?